Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I wonder if I should be worried.

The Department of Veterans Affairs released a study on Monday relating to veteran suicides. The study found a 26 percent increase in the number of suicides by veterans ages 18-29 from 2005-2007. I'd almost be concerned about this sort of revelation if the American military were trapped in two senseless, endless, unwinnable, bloody, expensive wars that have already killed 5647 troops and wounded 35,991 troops over the past 8 years. Could you imagine if there were hundreds of thousands of war veterans with psychiatric disorders that stem from both of those wars? I mean, seriously...that kind of long-term damage to the American military and the Veterans Affairs healthcare system would cost trillions of dollars to repair over the next two to three decades. Thankfully, none of those scenarios have come to pass. I guess I really don't have anything to worry about.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34807684/ns/health-mental_health/

No comments:

Post a Comment